What We Mean by “The Gospel Message”
Mission Statement: CVC exists to provide, through crowdsourcing, quality smart-phone Gospel video clips in English for the global English-speaking community.
The goal of CVC is to provide videos that explain the Gospel message. We are not providing videos on Christian ethics, on the church, on discipleship, etc. We have one focus only: videos that will communicate the basic concepts of the Gospel message.
Basic Concepts of the Gospel Message
We want videos that will touch on the following concepts:
- Mankind is lost, a prisoner of sin, separated from God. (Romans 3:23, 6:23)
- Our good works and self-effort, no matter how praise-worthy, are inadequate to free us from sin or reestablish a relationship with God. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- The Lord Jesus Christ came into the world to save us from the bondage of sin and enable us to reestablish a relationship with God. (Romans 5:8, I Peter 1:18-19)
- Christ’s crucifixion for sin and resurrection provides the only means possible for a person to be delivered from sin and receive eternal life. (John 10:27-28, 14:6, I Peter 2:24, 3:18)
- Personal salvation from sin happens when we repent of our sins and put our trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12, 8:37, 16:31)
Videos which do not focus on and clearly share the Gospel message, even though they may be very good, will not be accepted by CVC.
Added Information About the Meaning of “The Gospel Message”
We suggest you read some of the articles listed below to get a clearer idea of the concepts we are looking for in a “Gospel” video.
- Salvation According to the Quran and the Injil
- The Divine Way
- The Five Steps of Salvation
- The Wordless Book
- The Bridge of Salvation
- Four Things God Wants You to Know
Three Examples of Good Gospel Videos
A Man Fell Into a Hole – A very good “Gospel” video. It is a few seconds over three minutes, and therefore would not be accepted by Christian Video Clips.
The Bridge – A very good “Gospel” video but longer than three minutes.
Falling Plates – An excellent “Gospel” video but longer than three minutes.
We have on this page several sample videos. Yet only the three listed above meet our criteria for “Gospel” videos.